LC Sciences provides the following information to facilitate the international shipment of DNA samples. We serve many customers overseas and shipping into the United States has not been a problem.
- Make sure you have completed a Sample Submission Form. Email the form to us beforehand AND include a copy in the box with your DNA sample.
- Label the sample tube(s) clearly as labeled on the Sample Submission Form.
- Wrap all tubes tightly with Parafilm.
- Pack the sample in a thermo-stable shipping box. A box with a wall thickness of at least 1.5 inches is recommended.
- Add regular freezer ice blocks. Make sure the box cover is tight when packaging and tape it.
- Use express services (fastest delivery offered), such as DHL, FedEx, UPS or USPS.
- Your international carrier will require you to complete a commercial invoice to be included with the shipment.
- The commercial invoice should describe the contents as “non-hazardous, non-contagious research sample”.
- Also state that the “contents are non-restricted under IATA DG regulations”. Declare the value of the goods to be $1. (See Example Commercial Invoice)
- Outside the shipping box should be labeled with “temperature sensitive, keep refrigerated”
- Ship to the following Address:
Download Shipping Labels
Download Example Commercial Invoice