Protein Kinase Profiling on a Proteomic Scale
- Large scale mapping of kinase substrate specificity – Our PKS- peptide microarrays each contain thousands of different peptides from known protein kinase target proteins. (See Example Application)
- Detecting and discovering novel kinases – Our standard content PKS – peptide microarrays are synthesized with known peptides at addressable locations. You can assay a new or known protein, or a biological sample to discover specific protein kinase functions.
- Mapping phosphorylation sites – Our custom content PKS – peptide microarrays each contain thousands of different peptides and can be synthesized based on your list of target proteins. Addressable sequence locations allow you to map possible phosphorylation sites by a particular protein kinase.
- Validating computationally predicted or other types of kinase substrate peptide candidates – such as those obtained from 2D gel electrophoresis and Mass analysis.
Quantitative Protein Kinase Kinetics Studies
- Making quantitative measurement of protein kinase kinetic activities – Using our standard or custom content PKS – peptide microarrays, you can obtain thousands of protein kinase reaction curves as a function of protein kinase or ATP (or a co-factor) concentration.
- Performing PKA studies – You can obtain protein kinase reaction curves as a function of peptides using our pico-liter titrator microarray. Based on these measurements, we calculate for you protein kinase reaction KM and VMAX. (See Example Application)
- Compare protein kinases and identify the changes – You can obtain phosphorylation patterns for two different samples, for instance, a normal versus a mutant protein kinase, a normal versus a protein kinase-knockout cell line, or a normal versus a drug-treated sample.
- Screening inhibition of kinase enzymatic activities by competition assays – Use our standard or custom content PKS – peptide microarrays for preliminary screening of large numbers of substrates. Zero-in on important phosphorylation sites and then use our pico-titer plate PKS- peptide microarrays to simultaneously obtain hundreds of inhibitory curves as a function of peptide concentration and systematically study the effect of different protein kinase inhibitors.
- Identifying substrate peptides as biomarkers – Using selected protein kinase peptides synthesized on our PKS – peptide microarrays, you can systematically examine a large set of biological samples with our well-controlled experiments. For instance, many cancers have elevated protein kinase activities and this may provide a signature for diagnose and monitoring of the disease.
- Detecting cell signaling activities
- Studying signaling pathways using multiplex reactions
- Monitoring apoptosis, cancer and cell development
- Providing parameters for systems modeling
Post Proteomic Tools
Using our custom content PKS- peptide microarrays, you can validate and build your profiling and screening platform using the large number of peptides reported in the literature and published in public databases.Request A Quote