VariantPro Targeted Sequencing
LC Sciences offers a customized solution to high-throughput genome wide variant analysis. The VariantPro™ system is an innovative multiplex PCR based targeted sequencing method that accomplishes target selection, library preparation and molecular tagging in a simple one-step workflow.
- Single tube, one step workflow
- Only 5 minutes of hands-on time required
- Compatible with both Illumina and Ion Torrent sequencing technologies
- Sample types – genomic DNA, fresh frozen tissue, FFPE
- Inputs as low as 10 ng
- > 20,000 targets in a single experiment
- > 3,000 error correcting barcodes available
- On-target specificity > 97%
- Coverage uniformity > 97%
- Molecular tagging – PCR and sequencing induced biases and errors are detected and then removed
The VariantPro targeted sequencing system offers cost-effective, minimal hands-on, ultra-high resolution sequence analysis, that enables accurate detection of rare variants. It utilizes novel and patent pending Relay-PCR™ and Omega-Primer™ technologies.
VariantPro targeted sequencing system is based on a novel multiplex PCR technology that combines major innovations to facilitate simple operation and high performance in the preparation of targeted sequencing libraries. The innovations are:
- OmegaPrimer – a novel primer design that fundamentally improves primer specificity and yet is capable of sustaining certain local template variations such as SNPs.
- Relay-PCR – an elegant PCR method that combines multiple target capture and monoplex PCR amplification into a single reaction and therefore simplifies targeted sequencing library preparation.
- Molecular Tags – used to identify individual PCR template molecules. Relay-PCR and Omega Primer in combination provides a perfect vehicle to carry the molecular tags into amplicons.