OligoMix® is a pooled mixture of oligonucleotide sequences used in high-throughput applications. This oligo mixture has a broad array of uses in several genomics applications such as CRISPR guide RNAs or FISH probes.
We synthesize thousands of oligonucleotide sequences at once in parallel and then cleave the oligos releasing them into solution in a single microtube. Synthesis occurs via standard DMT chemistry assuring efficient stepwise yield and high quality final product. The product is delivered as a pool in a single microtube – ready to use for your experiment.
|Product Description||mix of DNA oligonucleotide sequences|
|Number of Oligos||thousands of sequences or more per tube|
|Oligo Form||single stranded, desalted and ready for reactions|
|Length||up to 150mers|
|5′ or 3′ terminus Modifications||phosphate, fluorescent dyes, biotin, linkers, and others (inquire)|
|Internal Modifications||modified DNA or RNA bases|
|Yield||*tens of attomoles per sequence and a total of sub-fmols per OligoMix® tube|
*One fmole per sequence is the calculated amount of starting material for oligo synthesis. As with all standard oligonucleotide synthesis, the resulting final material will be of less quantity depending on the sequence length, composition, and other factors.
- Economical – At less than 0.8¢ per base, OligoMix is about 20 times more cost and time efficient than conventional oligos. Delivered in a single microtube, it enables inexpensive genome-scale experiments.
- Customizable – Customers can specify each oligonucleotide sequence (lengths up to 150-mers). We can synthesize oligonucleotides in OligoMix containing labels, such as terminus phosphate, amino and thiol with linkers, biotin, FAM or other dyes.
- Reliable – Innovative microfluidic array platform ensures high quality synthesis. Multiple QC steps are implemented at various stages of OligoMix manufacturing. OligoMix is subjected to both hybridization and qRT-PCR assays to assess final quality.
- Simple & Fast – Download our excel spreadsheet order form, paste in your sequences and email back to us. Product can be delivered in 1-2 weeks.
Microfluidic Array Platform—in situ Synthesis
OligoMix® achieves high synthesis purity because it is produced via an advanced microarray synthesis technology (µParaflo®) that integrates a photo-generated acid (PGA) chemistry, digital photolithography (DLP), and advanced microfluidics to enable high throughput parallel synthesis of custom DNA microarrays. The PGA chemistry enables the use of standard oligo building blocks, and eliminates the need for any specially modified nucleotides which may exhibit lower coupling efficiency. DLP technology enables programmable synthesis of custom sequences and the µParaflo® microfluidic device contains the synthesis reactions each within a picoliter-scale reaction chamber, producing more uniform synthesis than reactions performed on the open surface of a slide.
- Conventional Chemicals
- Established Synthesis Processes
- Efficient Stepwise Yield
- Quality Final Product
Synthesis Technology References
- Gao X, Yu PY, LeProust E, Sonigo L, Pellois JP, Zhang H. (1998) Oligonucleotide synthesis using solution photogenerated acids. Journal of the American Chemical Society 120, 12698-12699 [abstract].
- Srivannavit O, Gulari M, Gulari E, LeProust E, Pellois JP, Gao X, Zhou X. (2004) Design and fabrication of microwell array chips for a solution-based, photogenerated acid-catalyzed parallel oligonucleotide DNA synthesis. Sensors and Actuators A. 116, 150-160 [abstract].
- Zhou X, Cai S, Hong A, Yu P, Sheng N, Srivannavit O, Yong Q, Muranjan S, Rouillard JM, Xia Y, Zhang X, Xiang Q, Ganesh R, Zhu Q, Makejko A, Gulari E, Gao X. (2004) Microfluidic picoarray synthesis of oligodeoxynucleotides and simultaneously assembling of multiple DNA sequences. Nucleic Acids Research 32, 5409-5417 [abstract].
- Tian J, Gong H, Sheng N, Zhou X, Gulari E, Gao X, Church G. (2004) Accurate multiplex gene synthesis from programmable DNA chips. Nature 432, 1050-1054 [abstract].