Massively parallel oligonucleotide and peptide synthesis on a microchip based on the uParaflo® microfluidics technology
Our scientists and engineers have developed platform technologies that encompass a new class of microfluidic µParaflo® reaction devices, an advanced digital light synthesizer apparatus, and picoliter scale biochemical processes. The functionalized µParaflo® chips are particularly suited for applications where small sample consumption, contamination-free, and performance-reproducibility are primary concerns. This technology enables the massively parallel synthesis of high quality DNA and RNA oligonucleotides as well as peptides and peptidomimetics in picoliter-scale reaction chambers.
The only platform providing microarrays of oligonucleotide, peptide, and their analog sequences by in situ synthesis using conventional chemistry and a comprehensive list of off-the-shelf synthetic building blocks.
- High Density – On Chip Parallel Synthesis
- Customizable – DNA, RNA, Peptides, and Analogs
- Versatile – Uses Conventional Chemistry
Clear Advantages :
- The synthesis method is suitable for different classes of molecules, such as oligonucleotides, peptides, or their analogs.
- The synthesis can be performed in a regular research laboratory.
- The synthesis efficiency can be optimized to be comparable with conventional synthesis.
- It offers flexibility in the sequences to be synthesized – editing the changes in sequence text files to create different chips easily.
- The overall consumption of chemicals (in synthesis) and samples (in assays) is significantly reduced to the level of sub-nanoliter to picoliter per assay.
- The microfluidic reaction chambers are particularly suited for parallel biochemical reactions.
- The liquid delivery to the microchip is simple (parallel flow through the inlet and outlet holes), can be automated, and there is little chance of ambient contamination.
- The spot density of the chip can be ten-fold higher than that of spotted chip.
Data quality is the key to reliable results
Spotted Array from a reputable facility
µParaflo® microfluidic biochip
- These are raw data. Click the images to take a closer look.
- Inset shows enlarged spots and intensity profiles through spots.
- Color scheme: blue (0) to red (65000).
- Intensity within each feature varies 3X (from 5000 to 15000) on the spotted array.
- Intensity variation within each feature is negligible on the µParaflo® array.