Single-cell RNA-Seq can be used to examine the expression of individual cells and provides a higher resolution of cellular differences as compared to traditional RNA-Seq. Single-cell RNA-Seq enables us to understand the function of an individual cell in the context of its microenvironment.
LC Sciences provides a one-stop solution (i.e. from sample to data) for Single-cell (low input) RNA-Seq using the latest in rna sequencing technology. The RNA-Seq services provided by LC Sciences are comprehensive and provide the most complete picture of RNA content in your samples. We can prepare sequencing libraries from your sample of sorted cells or low input amount of total RNA using the SMART-Seq v4 Ultra Low Input RNA Kit (Clontech).
- Send us your sorted cells (or as little as 10 pg–10 ng of total RNA)
- Library preparation – poly(A) tail selection method
- Illumina Hi-Seq – 2 x 100bp paired-end sequencing run
- Advanced bioinformatics package
Our Comprehensive Service
LC Sciences provides a transcriptome profiling service using the Illumina high-throughput sequencing technology which enables comprehensive coverage, highly sensitive and specific discovery and profiling of all forms of RNAs in your sample.
This service is comprehensive – from sample to data, providing advanced technology and years of experience in efficient discovery and profiling of RNAs.
Our comprehensive profiling service includes:
- Library preparation
- High-throughput sequencing (RNA-Seq method, Illumina Next-Gen sequencing technology)
- Bioinformatics analysis
- Customer data report
Note – We cannot sort your sample(s) into individual cells. Sorting must be performed before sample delivery to LC Sciences.
Data Analysis Includes:
- Illumina base-calling and analysis
- Raw sequencing data – 50bp single-end reads – either FASTA-A or FASTA-Q files with base-calling quality scores
- LC Sciences quality filtered data reduced to mappable reads, a list of unique sequences and their copy numbers
- Genomic mapping of quality sequencing reads
- Test for differential expression at gene level. (biological replicates required – see Technical Note – Biological Replicate Considerations – Differential Expression Analysis)
- GO and KEGG annotation and enrichment analysis.
- Customer data report – includes a summary of methods and all statistic analysis