RNA-Seq technology is providing fresh biological insight into the transcriptome. It can be used to determine the structure of genes, their splicing patterns and other post transcriptional modifications, to detect rare and novel transcripts, and to quantify the changing expression levels of each transcript.
LC Sciences provides a one-stop solution (i.e. from sample to data) for RNA-Seq using the latest in rna sequencing technology. The RNA-Seq services provided by LC Sciences are comprehensive and provide the most complete picture of RNA content in your samples. We can help you set up and conduct a high-quality, well-controlled RNA-Seq experiment based on the latest deep-sequencing technologies.
- Library preparation – poly(A) tail selection method
- Illumina Hi-Seq 2000 – 2 x 100bp paired-end sequencing run
- Advanced bioinformatics package
Our Comprehensive Service
LC Sciences provides a transcriptome profiling service using the Illumina high-throughput sequencing technology which enables comprehensive coverage, highly sensitive and specific discovery and profiling of all forms of RNAs in your sample.
This service is comprehensive – from sample to data, providing advanced technology and years of experience in efficient discovery and profiling of RNAs.
Our comprehensive profiling service includes:
- Sample QC
- Sample preparation (poly(A) selection, adapter attachment, reverse transcription)
- Library preparation (single molecule clonal amplification)
- High-throughput sequencing (RNA-Seq method, Illumina Next-Gen sequencing technology)
- Bioinformatics analysis
- Customer data report
Data Analysis Includes:
- Illumina base-calling and analysis
- Raw sequencing data – 100bp paired-end reads – either FASTA-A or FASTA-Q files with base-calling quality scores
- LC Sciences quality filtered data reduced to mappable reads, a list of unique sequences and their copy numbers
- De novo assembly (if applicable)
- Alignment of RNA-Seq reads to customer specified reference genome
- Test for differential expression at gene level and transcript level. (biological replicates required – see Technical Note – Biological Replicate Considerations – Differential Expression Analysis)
- Identification and construction of splice-junctions
- Report of known transcripts with annotation and abundance
- Report of novel transcript with abundance
- Identification of alternate splicing and report of isoform abundance
- GO and KEGG annotation and enrichment analysis
- Customer data report – includes a summary of methods and all statistical analysis
- Additional Custom Bioinformatics Analysis – If you have additional, more complex bioinformatics needs such as functional gene information mining or comparative genomic analysis, please contact us to learn how we can help get you the results you need to keep your research moving ahead