LC Sciences provides a one-stop solution for all your microRNA (miRNA) discovery and expression profiling needs. High-throughput sequencing is now available in addition to existing microarray and qRT-PCR profiling services for the most complete picture of microRNA expression in your samples. microRNA sequencing is a new method and a powerful tool to identify and quantitatively decode the entire population of microRNAs in your sample.
Advantages of microRNA Sequencing
- Profile microRNA in any species – there is no need for probes based on prior sequence or secondary structure information.
- Profiling is transcriptome-wide – investigate all microRNAs, of any size, known and unknown, in your sample.
- Achieve digital transcript expression analysis – Accurate quantitation of expression levels over 5 orders of magnitude of transcript abundance.
- Detect rare transcripts and transcript variants, such as single nucleotide mutations (SNP).
Our Comprehensive Service
LC Sciences provides a microRNA discovery service using the Illumina high-throughput sequencing technology which enables comprehensive coverage, highly sensitive and specific discovery and profiling of all forms of microRNAs in your sample.
This service is comprehensive – from sample to data, providing advanced technology and years of experience in efficient discovery and profiling of microRNAs.
Our “Total RNA to Data” comprehensive service includes: sample QC, sample preparation (small RNA selection, library preparation, single molecule clonal amplification), high-throughput sequencing, bioinformatics analysis, and customer data report.
Down-stream profiling of identified (and other customer defined target microRNAs) is also available by custom microarray analysis service.
Data Analysis Includes:
- Illumina base-calling and analysis
- Raw sequencing data – 50bp single-end reads – either FASTA-A or FASTA-Q files with base-calling quality scores
- LC Sciences analysis and quality filtering. Processed data is reduced to mappable reads.
- Custom construction of reference database(s) – miRBase, genome, etc and mapping of all quality reads
- Alignment, classification, & functional annotation of all mapped reads
- Prediction of possible novel miRs
- Biostatistical analysis – expression analysis, multi-parameter data analysis, length distribution, transcript copy number comparisons, etc. (biological replicates required – see Technical Note – Biological Replicate Considerations – Differential Expression Analysis)
- Conservation profile of the identified miRNAs analysis