LC Sciences now offers customizable parallel synthesis and microfluidic technologies to create a microarray of thousands of peptides for binding to your protein or antibody sample and a comprehensive protein and/or antibody analysis service utilizing these high density peptide microarrays for high throughput detection, concentration titration, and screening applications.
This combination of high-throughput capacity with quantitative measurement, enables us to quickly and efficiently identify high affinity and high specificity target binding compounds. These quantitative assays are applicable for immunological studies, vaccine development, and biosensor development.
This comprehensive service includes assistance with your sequence designs, binding assays using sample(s) provided by you, single or dual color detection of the binding using a suitable method, image data processing, and signal data processing. Two-four weeks after receiving your sample(s), we send you a data summary report containing background subtraction, control and reference signal guided data processing, list of detected signals, and data averaging. We offer additional services for in-depth binding data analysis and curve analysis of quantitative measurements.
This is a comprehensive analysis service. Just send us your protein/antibody sample and we’ll perform all the necessary functions from sample assay to data analysis.
Our comprehensive service includes:
- Synthesis of a custom designed protein binding – peptide microarray on a PepArray™ chip
- Pre-staining the chip to assess synthesis quality and obtain baseline signal before the protein sample is applied
- On-chip binding reactions
- Detection of the bound protein using one of several possible detection schemes
- Array image scan and data extraction
- Data analysis – Basic data analysis (background subtraction, control and reference signal guided data processing, list of detected signals, data averaging, results summarized in a report) is included with our array service. Optional in-depth analysis based on your specific application is available.
High Throughput Microarray Format
Screening for protein binding on a peptide microarray offers the opportunity to study thousands (up to thousands of peptides/chip) of specific binding sequences in a single experiment. One experiment using our protein binding – peptide microarray is equivalent to 41 experiments using a 96-well plate.
- A proprietary PepArray™ is used.
- The microarray chip consists of thousands of three-dimensional chambers and is a closed system.
- Dye oxidation and deterioration are not an issue!
- The microfluidic technology produces a uniform distribution of the sample solutions on the array and enhances binding reactions and stringency wash processes.
- Experiments have well-controlled temperature and flow rate and the reaction conditions are reproducible.
- The microfluidics assay consumes as little as 70µl of total sample and is highly sensitive.
In situ Synthesis
- In situ peptide synthesis using PGA (photogenerated acid) coupled with conventional t-Boc chemistry means high peptide quality, tight process control, and complete content flexibility.
- Our advanced manufacturing process ensures highly uniform spots and high reproducibility across lots of arrays and yet permits total customization of contents on each individual array.
- In comparison, spotted microarrays tend to suffer from poor spot uniformity and large spot to spot and array to array variations, which lead to large data deviations.
- The spotting process requires significant up-front investment for peptide libraries and spotting equipment and permits no flexibility for content update or customization.
- We have a comprehensive set of bioinformatics tools and extensive experience in microarray work.
- We will work with you from peptide selection, array design, experiment, to data analysis.
- We understand that what you need is to obtain reliable and rich information that is not obtainable with a single assay or even a 96-well format assay.
Custom Microarray Content
We can synthesize a completely custom microarray specifically for your experiment. Our basic format is 4K customer defined 8-mer peptides per chip, but additional length and additional sequence density arrays are possible. Ask us for assistance with design of your peptide Microarray.
Quantitative References and Stringent Assay
Protein, antibody, or other analyte samples of varying concentration may be used to obtain their titration curve – peptide microarrays are reusable for semi-quantitative measurements. Well-designed negative and positive control references are used to ensure reliable results. Established microarray analysis software extracts detectable signals after non-linear baseline correction of quantitative calculations using reference signals and statistical analyses. Customers can choose to vary spot densities for a given peptide sequence to quantitatively measure binding affinity.
In situ synthesized protein binding – peptide microarrays using our PepArray™ deliver more uniform spots compared to spotted arrays which produce a more reliable reading of the assay signals. Microfluidic technology means experiments have well-controlled temperature and flow rate and the reaction conditions are reproducible. Multiple QC steps are implemented at various stages of our microarray manufacturing and assay processes. Multiple QC control peptides are synthesized on chip and used for monitoring synthesis and assays. Multiple replicates of each peptide sequence also contributes to data confidence.