LC Sciences now provides a one-stop solution for all your microRNA (miRNA) discovery and expression profiling needs. High-throughput sequencing is now available in addition to existing microarray and qRT-PCR profiling services for the most complete picture of microRNA expression in your samples. microRNA sequencing is a new method and a powerful tool to identify and quantitatively decode the entire population of microRNAs in your sample.
- Profile microRNA in any species – there is no need for probes based on prior sequence or secondary structure information.
- Profiling is transcriptome-wide – investigate all microRNAs, of any size, known and unknown, in your sample.
- Achieve digital transcript expression analysis – Accurate quantitation of expression levels over 5 orders of magnitude of transcript abundance.
- Detect rare transcripts and transcript variants, such as single nucleotide mutations (SNP).
Our Comprehensive Service
LC Sciences provides a microRNA discovery service using the Illumina high-throughput sequencing technology which enables comprehensive coverage, highly sensitive and specific discovery and profiling of all forms of microRNAs in your sample.
This service is comprehensive – from sample to data, providing advanced technology and years of experience in efficient discovery and profiling of microRNAs.
Our “Total RNA to Data” comprehensive service includes: sample QC, sample preparation (small RNA selection, library preparation, single molecule clonal amplification), high-throughput sequencing, bioinformatics analysis, and customer data report.
Down-stream profiling of identified (and other customer defined target microRNAs) is also available by custom microarray analysis service.
Data Analysis / Results
Standard Data Analysis
- Illumina base-calling and analysis
- LC Sciences analysis and quality filtering. Processed data is reduced to mappable reads.
- Customer data report – includes a list of unique sequences and their copy numbers
- Custom construction of reference database(s) – miRBase, genome, etc and mapping of all quality reads
- Alignment, classification, & functional annotation of all mapped reads
- Prediction of possible novel miRs
- Biostatistical analysis – expression analysis, multi-parameter data analysis, length distribution, transcript copy number comparisons, etc
- Customer data report – includes a summary of methods and all statistic analysis
Custom Project Level Analysis
Custom project level service by LC Sciences microRNA experts providing integrated sequencing and custom microarray assays to serve the various needs of researchers from the research and biomedical fields. May include: differential expression and clustering analysis, pathway analysis (KEGG), GO term report, biomarker analysis, target prediction. Please contact us to learn how we can help get you the results you need to keep your research moving ahead.