The incredible power of RNA-Seq was initially applied primarily for complex whole transcriptome applications such as discovery of rare genes, splice junctions and gene fusions or for study of novel and less well-characterized organisms. However, as the technology is improving and costs are decreasing, RNA sequencing is now suitable to be used for simple RNA profiling (sample comparison) as well. RNA-Seq in fact holds several advantages over microarrays for gene expression analysis applications:
- Expression profiling is truly genome-wide – there is no need for probes based on prior sequence information.
- Powerful RNA-Seq technology reads every base of every transcript – this is not TAG profiling.
- Achieve digital transcript expression analysis – accurate quantitation of expression levels over 5 orders of magnitude of transcript abundance.
- Profile gene expression in any species – quantitate differential expression across groups of different biological samples.
Our Comprehensive Service
LC Sciences provides a a one-stop solution (i.e. from sample to data) gene profiling service using the Illumina next-generation sequencing technology which enables comprehensive coverage, highly sensitive and specific profiling of mRNAs in your sample.
This service is comprehensive – from sample to data, providing advanced technology and years of experience in efficient discovery and profiling of RNAs.
Our comprehensive profiling service includes:
- Sample QC
- Sample preparation (poly(A) selection, adapter attachment, reverse transcription)
- Library preparation (single molecule clonal amplification)
- High-throughput sequencing (RNA-Seq method, Illumina Next-Gen sequencing technology)
- Bioinformatics analysis
- Customer data report
Data Analysis / Results
For each sample analyzed, the customer receives:
- Assessment of sequencing and quality filtering of raw reads
- Raw sequencing data – up to 30M 35 bp single-end reads – either FASTA-A or FASTA-Q files with base-calling quality scores
- LC Sciences quality filtered data reduced to mappable reads, a list of unique sequences and their copy numbers
- Genomic mapping of quality sequencing reads
- Differential gene expression analysis
- Pair-wise comparisons, analysis of variance, clustering analysis
Additional Custom Bioinformatics Analysis – If you have additional, more complex bioinformatics needs such as discovery of rare genes, splice junctions and gene fusions, see our whole transcriptome sequencing service or please contact us to learn how we can help get you the results you need to keep your research moving ahead.