LC Sciences provides a comprehensive protein and/or antibody analysis service utilizing high density protein binding peptide microarrays for high throughput detection, concentration titration, and screening applications.
This is a comprehensive analysis service. Just send us your protein/antibody sample and we’ll perform all the necessary functions from sample assay to data analysis.
Our comprehensive service includes:
- Synthesis of a custom designed protein binding – peptide microarray on a PepArray™ chip
- Pre-staining the chip to assess synthesis quality and obtain baseline signal before the protein sample is applied
- On-chip binding reactions
- Detection of the bound protein using one of several possible detection schemes
- Array image scan and data extraction
- Data analysis – Basic data analysis (background subtraction, control and reference signal guided data processing, list of detected signals, data averaging, results summarized in a report) is included with our array service. Optional in-depth analysis based on your specific application is available.
Screening for protein binding on a peptide microarray offers the opportunity to study thousands (up to thousands of peptides/chip) of specific binding sequences in a single experiment. One experiment using our protein binding – peptide microarray is equivalent to 41 experiments using a 96-well plate.
- A proprietary PepArray™ is used.
- The microarray chip consists of thousands of three-dimensional chambers and is a closed system.
- Dye oxidation and deterioration are not an issue!
- The microfluidic technology produces a uniform distribution of the sample solutions on the array and enhances binding reactions and stringency wash processes.
- Experiments have well-controlled temperature and flow rate and the reaction conditions are reproducible.
- The microfluidics assay consumes as little as 70µl of total sample and is highly sensitive.
In situ Synthesis
- In situ peptide synthesis using PGA (photogenerated acid) coupled with conventional t-Boc chemistry means high peptide quality, tight process control, and complete content flexibility.
- Our advanced manufacturing process ensures highly uniform spots and high reproducibility across lots of arrays and yet permits total customization of contents on each individual array.
- In comparison, spotted microarrays tend to suffer from poor spot uniformity and large spot to spot and array to array variations, which lead to large data deviations.
- The spotting process requires significant up-front investment for peptide libraries and spotting equipment and permits no flexibility for content update or customization.
- We have a comprehensive set of bioinformatics tools and extensive experience in microarray work.
- We will work with you from peptide selection, array design, experiment, to data analysis.
- We understand that what you need is to obtain reliable and rich information that is not obtainable with a single assay or even a 96-well format assay.
These are not spotted arrays! Our protein binding – peptide microarrays are built on a PepArray™ peptide chip. That means we can synthesize a custom microarray specifically designed for your experiment delivering results that cannot be achieved with an off-the-shelf assay.
We can synthesize a completely custom microarray specifically for your experiment. Our basic format is 4K customer defined 8-mer peptides per chip, but additional length and additional sequence density arrays are possible. Ask us for assistance with design of your peptide Microarray.
Quantitative References and Stringent Assay
Protein, antibody, or other analyte samples of varying concentration may be used to obtain their titration curve – peptide microarrays are reusable for quantitative measurements. Well-designed negative and positive control references are used to ensure reliable results. Established microarray analysis software extracts detectable signals after non-linear baseline correction of quantitative calculations using reference signals and statistical analyses. Customers can choose to vary spot densities for a given peptide sequence to quantitatively measure binding affinity.
In situ synthesized protein binding – peptide microarrays using our PepArray™ deliver more uniform spots compared to spotted arrays which produce a more reliable reading of the assay signals. Microfluidic technology means experiments have well-controlled temperature and flow rate and the reaction conditions are reproducible. Multiple QC steps are implemented at various stages of our microarray manufacturing and assay processes. Multiple QC control peptides are synthesized on chip and used for monitoring synthesis and assays. Multiple replicates of each peptide sequence also contributes to data confidence.